Thursday, June 12, 2008

Television taping

My friend Camille drove me to DIA where I was flying out of to Erie, PA. When I booked the flight, there was a 30 minute layover in Cleveland, Ohio, so you can imagine my surprise when my ticket showed that I was arriving in Cleveland 5 minutes after my connecting flight was boarding! 

To make matters worse, the gate I was supposed to be at was on the other side of the airport! Oh, and did I mention that my flight was thirty minutes late leaving, AND arriving? To Continental Airlines credit, they did hold the connecting flight until I, and several other passengers arrived. 

When I finally did get to Erie International Airport, Natalie Smith-Blakeslee and her husband, Dr. Steve Hodak were waiting for me. Somehow, despite it all, I was only about 15 minutes late to EIA. 

Natalie and I had spoken over the phone and through e-mails numerous times, but this was the first time we were meeting face to face. We all went to grab a bite to eat, and then it was off to the studio to tape a television show. 

The show went over very well. Natalie and I had a great chemistry together, and it was easy to work with her. I also found out what a talented Medium she really is. There was a great contrast between us in a number of different ways, especially in the way we delivered information. I ended up thinking of it as the "East Coast," and "West Coast" styles of Mediumship. 

One young lady came up for a reading which went over very well. So well, that she didn't even respond to Natalie, just kept looking at her stunned. Natalie asked her if she was okay, and she just nodded and said, "You're amazing!" I can second that. 

During the break, I told her that her father had more to say to her, much more. So she, her sister, her daughter and I went off by ourselves and I gave her a reading off camera. She did a little interview afterwards on camera and I explained that sometimes when someone on the Other Side has passed wants to convey private information they'll wait for a more discreet time. 

Another reason for this is that if they weren't the type of person to speak in a public setting when they were alive, they'd be reluctant to do so even after they have passed. 

After the taping, Natalie and Steve to me to the camper trailer they own in a campgrounds near their home. All in all, it was a great time meeting Natalie and Steve, and spreading the message that death doesn't end life, love or relationships to an audience who had never heard of me before. 

No comments: