Friday, April 11, 2008

Being grateful

I had a great session with a young lady named Jill Wednesday night. She came hoping to hear from her mother and she did. 

Her mother had such great energy; and Jill, while feeling nervous and skeptical, was awesome throughout! The love she had for her mother and her mother had for her was awesome! Jill posted a comment thanking me, but as I told her, "Don't forget to thank God for making this possible, and your mother too. This takes a lot of energy and effort on her part!" 

Speaking of gratitude, it snowed most of the day yesterday which put me in a lazy mood. I received a text from my friend Debbie who asked me if I thought Mother Nature would ever make up her mind as far as the weather was concerned. 

Well, having decided to stay inside at home all day yesterday I wrote back, "I sure as hell hope so!" This morning it came to me that the constantly changing weather this time of the year is one of the reasons I chose to live in Colorado! While it snowed all day yesterday, it'll be in the 70's by the middle of next week according to the weather forecasters! I've got to tell you, I love it! 

A lot of people think that because of the work I do I'm somehow closer to God than most. Nothing could be farther from the truth, although I have been meditating over the past several days about the idea that God is within me. I've also been thinking a lot about the nature of this Spirit of God within me. I then started thinking that I really have a lot to be grateful for. 

I was watching a movie last week and the thought came to me that overall, with all of it's ups and downs, I've had a very good life. I just didn't bother to see it that way. 

Well, this morning I started being grateful for my life, and everything about it, the way it is now. Things didn't magically start getting better, but I did start feeling better! 

Then a number of things I've read before started to make sense to me! For instance, the idea that what we dwell on grows in our life. I used to wonder how I could focus on my life being anything other than the way it is now. Now I know. If I want things to be different I have to start being grateful for the way I want them to be, even if they're not that way now. 

Now that my eyes are open, I'm going to be even more grateful for all that I have in my life, and to the God who gave me my life. I know that only good can come from this. I'll be sharing that good with you as it does. 

It's my hope that sharing this with you, you'll start to think of all that you have to be grateful for in your life, especially those you love and are still with you. I'd like to suggest that you tell them how much they mean to you before it's too late, and you have to come to a Medium like me to do so. 

Blessings. 

www.anthonyquinata.com




No comments: