Saturday, April 19, 2008

An open letter to suicide survivors

I received a message this morning from a woman who received a discernment from me over a year ago. She told me about a friend of hers whose daughter committed suicide. Her friend is grieving not only the death of her daughter, but also fears her daughter is in "hell."  

I asked her to pass on the following, and thought I would share it with you. If you know someone who has survived the suicide of a loved one, please ask them to read this as well. 

Your friend told me about your daughter and your fears. I'm hoping I can help ease your pain in some small way. 

Although I'm not myself a parent, it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to understand your grief. You love your children so much, it's unthinkable as to how they could think their life isn't worth living. 

If thoughts of suicide were as detectable as any other terminal disease then we might be able to stop it before it's too late. The problem is that all too often, those suffering from this hide what's going on so well, no one sees it until it's already done. 

I am a full time, professional, Psychic Medium however, and I've talked to those who have crossed over a countless number of times now, including those who have taken their own lives. I want to make something VERY clear - I would not be able to communicate with them, nor would they be able to communicate with me if not for God's love and grace. 

Those who have died by their own hand have made it very clear that they were not condemned to "Hell," nor were they scorned by God. In fact, the exact opposite is true. They are held more closely by God's compassion, understanding and forgiveness.  The "hell" they may be suffering from is the pain they know their passing caused their loved ones they left behind. 

Often when I do a discernment (reading) there is a line of loved ones who are wanting to communicate. However, if there is someone who committed suicide in their midst, they are moved to the front of the line. This also applies to those who lost their lives at the hands of someone else. Why would this be so? Because they have the most to say. 

I'm sure that your daughter now knows it would have been better to finish her lessons here on Earth,*but she is now continuing her journey in a more beautiful, peaceful and compassionate place. 

Your daughter was a sensitive soul, with a purity we all have when we begin our lives and lessons. Most of us put on protective armor to protect our souls while we're on our journey in this life. Your daughter wasn't able to do that. That's why she thought it was best to do what she did. 

God doesn't make mistakes, but He does understand when we do. God knows and loves us to the very core and fiber of who we are. 

Your daughter's new journey, in part, is to help you understand, and accept, that what she did was not your fault in any way, nor is it due to some failure on your part as a parent. She would also want you to know that's she's okay, in God's loving arms, and still with you from the Other Side so you can begin to put the pieces of your life back together. When you finish your own journey here, you will see her again. I promise you that you will. 

Grief is the price we pay for love. At the end of grief in this world is joy in the next. Hold on until that wonderful day. 

Blessings,
Anthony

www.anthonyquinata.com
http://anthonyquinatapsychicmedium.wordspot.com

No comments: