Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Family reunion(s)/Spiritual Party Lines

I'm so excited! I'm off to Los Angeles later today to see my mother and father who will be celebrating their Golden Anniversary this Saturday. 

I'll be seeing my sisters Meridith and Nadine, my brother in law Aaron, and my nieces and nephews as well. Oh, and I have a "great-nephew" whom I haven't met yet, that I'll be meeting tomorrow.

My brothers Eddie and Steve are flying in from Florida, and it'll be great to see them too! 

Of course, you throw in those who'll be showing up from the Other Side, and it's a party! And one thing we Guamanians love to do is party! 

I'm often asked if I do discernments (readings) for my family, or if I hear from those who were close to me in this life. The long, and short answer is, "no." I used to volunteer working for the late Mother Theresa's order, working in a hospice being with men who were dying of Aids. My responsibility was to be with the men when they crossed over so that they didn't do so alone. 

What I didn't know then, but I do now, is that no one crosses over alone. Still it's a scary enough time for most to have to face, let alone, face it alone. So I would do it over again in a heartbeat. 

I was there to help well over 30 men cross, many of them becoming friends before they did. A few of them became good friends. I would love to hear from them, but so far… nothing. If I ever do, I'm sure it'll be through another Medium. 

Saturday, I'm booked to do an event, then Monday, back home in Denver! 

This morning I was talking to a friend over the phone and I could hear her daughter telling her to ask me questions in the background. Suddenly I was being asked a question, but I was confused because the voice sounded different. 

"Diane?" I asked. 

"No, this is Aisha." 

It's not unusual, when I'm doing a discernment, that something like this is exactly what happens! I will hear several voices at once, and a spirit will drop in, sometimes rather abruptly. I call it a "spiritual party line." I will think I'm talking to one person, say a female, and another female will suddenly pop in, start talking and I'll think it's the same person! 

I'll often tell them, "Look, I was born confused. You're only making things worse when you do this sort of thing!" 

Doing a discernment is, for a Medium, like putting together a jigsaw puzzle without seeing the picture on the cover of the box. That's why we'll ask you to confirm or deny the information we're receiving. It makes no sense to us, and we have no idea if it makes sense to you,  so we give it to you as best we can. 

I mention this in part because I was watching the show, "Medium," a couple of nights ago. Between that show, and "The Ghost Whisperer," there's a lot of misconceptions about this work. I'm sure there are people out there who would have you think it's just like it is on television. All I can say is, "I wish it were so easy." 

No comments: