Saturday, April 12, 2008

Now I remember!

I did readings today at a bookstore filling in for a friend of mine who combines Astrology and Tarot to do readings for her clients. I don't do either. While the statement is up and down on my website www.anthonyquinata.com (right now it's down), I am able to do clairvoyant readings. I received this testimonial earlier today - 

I received a psychic reading from Anthony and was very impressed. We spoke about my current challenges and some past life energy I was holding on to. Due to my reading with Anthony I was able to release those old ideas and look forward to a more productive future. Mary 

 - A little side note -  she told me that since the reading she's started losing weight without even trying! 

I can sit down with someone and usually tell them what's going on but I prefer to use a personal item of theirs or a picture. It's less unnerving for the sitter that way. I've found that sitting there looking at someone and telling them what's going on in their lives tends to freak people out. Sometimes the accuracy of my reading freaks people out. 

Anyway, I was pretty busy once I got started. I did a number of readings for some really great people. One man came in and found out that the reason for everything that was going on in his life was that God, and his soul, wanted him to reach out to others and follow his heart's desire. 

He was stunned when I told him I saw his great grandfather with a saber in his hand (he was the only one stunned by this vision)! I also mentioned that I felt there was a Civil War connection to his family. He told me later that his great grandfather was an officer under General Custer, and his great, great grandfather fought in the Civil War. All of this tied in with his heart's desire. 

I'll write about the importance of following your heart's desire later this week. 

Another man came in who is a practicing astrologer. He met a woman recently and asked if I could tell him anything about her and where their relationship was going to go. He heard that I do psychometry (object) and photo readings, so he brought several photos of her he printed off of his computer. He was stunned that I was able to describe her personality and their new relationship so precisely. 

After the reading he then started to affirm everything I told him by telling me about their charts! LOL I'm not sure how he missed my eyes glazing over as I know next to nothing about Astrology! 

A woman was waiting for me who would end up being my last reading of the day.  "I heard you can talk to dead people," she said. 

"Yes, but I'm not doing that sort of thing today. You'll have to make an appointment." 

"I want to talk to my husband!" she demanded. 

Okay, she broke my number 1 rule - don't tell me whom you're wanting to reconnect with. 

"Can you do this, or can't you?" 

"Well, yes, I can, but I'm not doing that sort of thing right now. Please make an appointment and I'll be happy to help you then."

She kept insisting so I told her I would do a ten minute session for her - big mistake. "Your husband passed from cancer. Yes?" 

"Yes." 

"He passed about 7 month ago." 

Her eyes became wide. "Yes!" 

"He wants me to acknowledge someone who has a beard. Do you know who this is?"

"No."

"Yes, you do." 

"Okay, my brother in law has a beard, but I don't want to talk about him. I want to talk about my husband. I want you to give me some specific message so that I'll know it's him." 

That's when I remembered why I have my "rule number 1." People who come in demanding to talk to someone in particular often want to control the session. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. They find out very quickly that they're not in control of what those who come through have to say, nor am I in control of that. The souls are in control, from beginning to end. 

The souls are performance animals. Neither am I. I tried to tell her that, but she wouldn't listen. Finally,  I looked at the clock and told her, "I'm sorry, but your ten minutes are up." 

It was a great reminder for me of why I used to disqualify from receiving a reading anyone who tells me whom they are hoping to hear from in the future. 


No comments: